Fitness goals

Fitness goals:

1. Finish beginning running program.
2. Be able to run a whole mile.
3. Do a pull-up
4. Do a split

Monday, November 29, 2010

Limited success with the challenge

Saturday, I did some "free form" running somewhat resembling Week 4 Day 2 because I forgot to pack my stopwatch for Thanksgiving travel. It went ok, but it was colder, windier, and hillier than I'm used to, and I think I was still getting over my throat infestation.

Today, I attempted Week 4's challenge day - run 10 minutes, break for 2, run for 10 more.

Instead, this is what happened:
1. warm up walk for 5 minutes
2. Run for 10 minutes. I covered .84 mile. Go me!
3. Walk for 2 minutes. Gloat. Pant.
4. Run for four minutes, decide to walk for two.
5. Walk two minutes.
6. Try to run again - legs give out after a minute.
7. Walk the rest of the way home.

At first, I was kind of disappointed. But then, I started thinking.
- I can run for 10 minutes! I'm 85% towards my first distance goal (one mile).
- I petered out because I worked myself to capacity. I know that I could not have worked harder, so I will get the maximum benefit of my time.
- I am a lot stronger than when I started.

So I'll try again on Wednesday (or Thursday if it's crappy out)

No comments:

Post a Comment